Yes, this is what I look like on some winter runs. That has to be terrifying to small children!
This idea is that this is where I place all my gripes about winter and how it affects training, and once it’s here, I don’t need to complain about it. It’s not perfect, sometimes that gripes rear their ugly head again in a post, but I think it minimizes them! lol!
- It’s cold. REALLY, REALLY cold.
- My feet go numb – especially when I run through slush – NOTE: this was resolved when I bought Salomon’s Speedcross 3 shoes!!
- My hands are so cold – NOTE: mostly resolved by wearing huge ski mitts and popping in a hot pocket…downfall is a look like a combination of a lobster and boxer.
- The footing is bad and I can’t run as fast and risk falling more.
- I can’t wear sunglasses on brilliantly sunny winter days because they just fog up – would LOVE to hear anyone’s suggestions on solving this!
- It’s darker in the mornings. I can only run first thing in the morning…and when it’s dark AND cold, it’s hard to get out of bed to run outside.
- I use my treadmill more. And I just don’t train as well on it.
- The wind takes my breath away. And not in a good way.
- People in cars stare at you like you’re crazy. Ok, actually, I love this.
- My Gatorade freezes.
- My ipod battery dies quickly.