Can I just say that I AM SO EXCITED that Christmas vacation is almost here!! Ok, but I need to calm down because I still have to work until the 24th…but still, I am SO excited! LOL
Full day retreat with my team at work yesterday where we obviously had treats (to help us get through the day) and one of my colleagues made the most awesome decorated cupcakes…but you know how I feel about eating them…
interminable meeting we all went out for an awesome dinner downtown at Mamma Grazzi’s.
This morning I was so happy to see that it has snowed a little bit which mopped up some of the disgusting slush yesterday’s freezing rain left!! Abby was OUT OF CONTROL excited for the snow, but it was too dark to take video without the flash on and, well, Abby refuses to perform for the camera and the flash is a dead giveaway as to what I’m doing! LOL. But I did manage to snap this pic…it’s blurry because, I’m serious, she’s running!!
This is similar to the workout I did last week (see here) with a few changes. I did squats (with a barbell + weights that didn’t quite make it into the pic) – I NEED to get some kind of rack set up because I need to put more weight, but I can’t get it up over my head and resting on my upper back (safely) if I do that…I’m going to ask my neighbour and see if he can help me build some kind of rack. Anyone have any ideas? Other than going out and buying an expensive rack!!
I will probably be unable to walk after doing these. I tried to keep the weight and the reps relatively sane, but it seems that, without fail, the first time I do deadlifts after having not done them in a while, I’m a cripple 2 days later!
I think I improved a bit on my step downs – getting closer to 90 degrees with that knee! WOOHOO! I soooooooooooo feel this in my glutes when I’m doing them…and will likely be reminded of them tomorrow!
Last week, Rebecca over at runningfoodbaby.com tagged me to answer some questions – I LOVED her answers and it was a cool way of getting to know her more!! Here are mine!
- Four names that people call me, other than my real name:
- JAMR (my initials – pronounced Jammer)
- Dolly (my dad’s name for me when I was a baby…and he thought it would be cool to tell my guy friends in high school…I’ve never lived it down)
- Joan (when you have a name that can’t be shortened, your friends get creative in other ways…)
- Four jobs I have had:
- Canoe Tripping Director at a summer camp (spent my summer leading teenagers on canoe trips around Quebec Provincial Parks…and got paid??!!)
- Entertainment staff at Karmina Palace in Mexico (aka Las Vegas style dancer…I did a post on this a while back)
- Exercise Physiologist at a cardiac rehab and musculoskeletal injury sports medicine clinic
- My current most awesome job as a Pediatric Exercise Specialist at a Children’s Hospital – specializing in weight management (aka the promotion of healthy bodies at a wide range of sizes!)
- Four Movies I have watched more than once: (don’t judge me – but also know you never want to watch these with me because I know EVERY. SINGLE. WORD.!)
- A Few Good Men
- Shakespeare in Love
- Shawshank Redemption
- Four Books I recommend:
- Tuesdays with Morie and The five people you meet in heaven ( both by Mitch Albom)
- Still Alice (Lisa Genova…I think it was JUST made into a movie)
- The Century Trilogy (Ken Follett…although I’m only on book 2, but I LOVE it
- Anything by Jane Austen
- Four places I have lived:
- St. Donat, Quebec (7 summers)
- Manzanillo, Mexico (as a prisoner in sequins…)
- Four Places I have been:
- Four places I would rather be right now:
- Curled up in my bed…
- Anywhere REALLY hot…but that I have my normal rights as a female
- Did I say curled up in my bed?
- Four things I don’t eat:
- Anything that lived in water (fish, seafood…seaweed – ’cause it tastes like fish!)
- Canadian bacon (blech!)
- Broccoli stems (gag)
- Brussels sprouts (see above)
- Four of my favourite foods:
- Chocolate (especially MILK chocolate!!)
- Anything Italian (except if it has anything from question #8 in it!)
- McDonald’s Big Mac (my mouth waters at the thought)
- Steak – medium rare…on the bbq…
- …with mashed potatoes
- Four TV Shows I watch: (remember, DO NOT judge me!)
- Big Bang Theory (hands down my fav…until this year when it stopped being as funny)
- Blue Bloods
- How to Get Away with Murder
- RHO anything (if you don’t know what that means, it’s probably best and you will not think less of me!)
- Four things I am looking forward to next year:
- Longer days (i.e. I go to work when it’s light out and come home with it’s light out)
- Traveling (probably through racing)
- Getting back up to the cottage
- Four things I am always saying:
- Eh (I’m Canadian, ok?!)
- Yeah, right
- Abby, NO (not that is does anything)
I’m hoping to get out for an easy run with my team tonight…but it all depends on whether I can leave work on time! Fingers crossed!